CITY OF WOONSOCKET
December 27, 2019
Rubbish and Recycling Holiday Pickup Schedule
On Wednesday January 1, 2020 in the observance of New Years Day the Woonsocket Material Recycle Facility will be closed and there will be no trash or recycling collection.
Curbside pick-up for trash and recycling for January 2nd through January 3rd will be delayed by one day.
TRASH and RECYCLING WINTER TIME COLLECTION
Residents are reminded that wintertime weather may delay trash and recycling collection services. Every effort will be taken to ensure prompt service however if the roadways should become a safety issue for the rubbish trucks then collection would be delayed to the following day.
Accumulated snow on sidewalks may also hamper the rubbish collection service. To ensure curbside pick-up, please shovel an area that will allow the trash and recycling carts to sit level. Cart covers should be closed preventing snow from adding to the weight of the waste.
The placement of your cart is important, since the collection vehicles lifting arm requires clearance: 3 feet on all sides and 12 feet overhead. The carts should be no more than 3 feet away from the curb or road edge, and the arrows on the lid must be pointing toward the street, with the hinges facing away from your street. Your GREEN recycling cart should be placed at least 3 feet from your BURGUNDY trash cart.
Place carts curbside on your collection day by 7 am.
Superintendent of Solid Waste
Woonsocket Radio News Room
- 14 August 2020 Attorney General files objection to proposed 2021 healthcare insurance rate increases in the individual market
- 14 August 2020 State Requires Johnston Metal Shredding Company to Reduce Air Pollution and Pay Largest Penalty Ever Assessed for Clean Air Act Violations
- 13 August 2020 DEM's Weekly Mosquito Advisory
- 13 August 2020 North Smithfield Property Tax Updates
- 13 August 2020 Woonsocket School Committee Meeting Rescheduled For Tonight
- 13 August 2020 Burrillville woman ordered to repay the state over $16,000 in fraudulently obtained public assistance
- 11 August 2020 Statement from Attorney General Neronha on recent incident in Barrington
- 11 August 2020 Census Takers Have Begun Visiting Nonresponding Households
- 10 August 2020 Agenda for Woonsocket School Committee Meeting on Aug. 12 at 7 p.m.
- 10 August 2020 DEM Investigating Fatality Off Rocks in Newport
- 10 August 2020 DEM To Host Virtual Outreach Program with Woonsocket Library About Coyotes
- 10 August 2020 DEM Asking Rhode Islanders to Report Deer Sightings
- 10 August 2020 DEM Reminds Public to Wear Masks When At the Pavilions to Buy Food or use the Restrooms and Keep a Safe Distance from Others while on the Beach
- 06 August 2020 Interim Report of the Statewide Grand Jury- Aug. 5, 2020
- 06 August 2020 Rediscover the Blackstone Valley: "On the Rhode to Freedom"
- 06 August 2020 Rediscover the Blackstone Valley: The Cumberland Monastery
- 06 August 2020 Rediscover the Blackstone Valley: Drive-In Entertainment Is In Primetime
- 06 August 2020 DEM To Hold Virtual Outreach Program on Coyotes on Friday, Aug. 21
- 06 August 2020 Senator Cano's NALEO Childcare Panel Released Online
- 06 August 2020 DEM Advises Public of Fatal Disease Affecting Rabbits and Asks Residents to Report Cases of Unusual Rabbit Mortality
- 06 August 2020 Mobility Innovation Working Group Aims to Improve Clean Transportation Options and Environmental Health Outcomes
- 06 August 2020 Woonsocket Public Library Reopens; Holds Zoom Events
- 06 August 2020 North Smithfield DPW Special Storm Hours
- 06 August 2020 Cranston man to begin serving 5 years at the ACI for felony assault
- 06 August 2020 Mayor Lisa Baldelli-Hunt Adds Service for Residents Due to Tropical Storm Isaias