NOVEMBER 20, 2023
NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN COUNCIL
83 GREENE STREET, NORTH SMITHFIELD, RI
PARTICIPATION FOR THIS MEETING WILL BE IN-PERSON ONLY.
*Executive Session will begin at 6:45 p.m. The regular council meeting will follow at approximately 7:00 p.m.
The meeting will also be livestream. Please join the meeting (viewing only) from your computer, tablet, or smartphone by clicking on this link:
or go to the North Smithfield YouTube page - North Smithfield Town Meetings
*If technical difficulties occur during livestream the above specified meetings will resume as scheduled.
Documents related to the meeting will be posted on the Town Council’s page of the Town’s website on Monday, November 20, 2023, at 10:00 a.m., see link here:
FOR BOARDS/COMMISSIONS VACANCIES: https://onboard.nsmithfieldri.org/
FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: https://www.nsmithfieldri.org/home/webforms/town-north-smithfield-application-boardcommission
- OPEN FORUM (Non- Agenda Items Only) PURSUANT TO 42-46-6 (d) (Maximum 3 minutes per person)
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (Closed Session)
- Discussion by Council, Vote or Other Action Pursuant to RIGL 42-46-5(a)(2) Sessions Pertaining to Collective Bargaining or Litigation or Work Sessions Pertaining to Collective Bargaining or Litigation or Potential Litigation
- Tomasetti v. Town of North Smithfield, RICHR No. 24 EMP 051 and EEOC No. 16-J-2023-00285
- IBPO v. Town of North Smithfield, A.A.A. Case Numbers 23-6737 and 23-8497
- NEW BUSINESS
A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Halliwell Review Committee – Mr. Porter
1. Payment to Bargmann Henrie + Archetype, Inc.- Invoice #26495
- Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Resignation from Municipal Building Review Task Force – Mr. Beauregard
- Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Ordinance Amending Zoning Ordinance (Appendix A), Section 6 – Supplementary District Regulations – Section. 6.19 – Water Supply Protection Overlay District Proposed Changes to Code of Ordinance 6.19 – Water Supply Protection Overlay District – Mr. Osier
1. Public Hearing
2. 2nd Reading
- Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Adoption of the Revised and Reorganized Code of the Town of North Smithfield, Including Schedule A and Zoning – Town Clerk
- Public Hearing
- 2nd Reading
- NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN COUNCIL SITTING AS THE BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
- Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Renewal of Yearly Licenses (2023-2024)
- OPEN FORUM (Agenda Items Only) PURSUANT TO 42-46-6 (d) (Maximum 3 minutes per person)
Individuals requesting special assistance should contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 767-2200, ext. 326 seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting date.
Agenda posted November 16, 2023