NORTH SMITHFIELD WEEKLY UPDATE
Dear Residents, Businesses, and Community Partners,
I hope you are doing well. As we mark almost a year since the first case of COVID-19 in Rhode Island, I want to thank our first responders, town staff, teachers, and community partners for always stepping up to help those in need. We are also thankful for residents doing their part to keep cases low in our community. It has been a difficult year, but there is an end in sight. Until we are all vaccinated, please continue to remain vigilant and safe.
Rhode Island’s COVID-19 positivity rate continues to remain low at 2.1% for the week, and 225,551 vaccinations have been administered statewide.
Locally, we are proud to have vaccinated 160 residents 75 years and older. We have 160 more to vaccinate with our allotted amount from the RIDOH.
There are several options for Rhode Islanders 65 years of age or older to be vaccinated:
1. State Sites: Register for a vaccine at the two state sites in Providence and Cranston here: https://www.vaccinateri.org/ or call 844-930-1779.
a. We will update you as additional locations open in Middletown, Woonsocket, and elsewhere.
3. Register for a Lifespan Clinic: http://bit.ly/LifespanVax
If you are unable to leave home to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, or are the healthcare provider or family caregiver of someone who is homebound, please inform RIDOH through the following form: http://bit.ly/homeboundvax.
Please consider getting tested on a weekly basis. Rapid and PCR testing is available at various locations throughout the state. A full list of locations is located here. To make an appointment click here.
As a reminder, the state is operating under the following guidelines:
· Wear a mask when outside of your home, even in the outdoors.
· Keep your social interactions limited to members of one additional household when indoors, and two additional households when gathering outdoors.
· Self-isolate whenever possible. Work from home. Shop locally online.
A reminder that there is a special election on Tuesday, March 2nd. For those who are voting by mail, ballots must be received by 8:00 pm on March 2nd. Early/emergency voting is open until March 1st until 4:00pm.
· Monday March 1st: 8am-4pm
· Tuesday, March 2nd 7am-8pm
The U.S. Small Business Administration announced an exclusive access period for the Paycheck Protection Program for small businesses with fewer than 20 employees for the next 14 days (starting 2/24). Find out more and apply, here: http://ow.ly/JVqi50DGZrY
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.