Governor Dan McKee, Lt. Governor Sabina Matos, Secretary of Commerce Stefan Pryor, and Department of Administration Director James Thorsen are pleased to announce the first in a series of community conversations to help develop a vision and strategy for a more resilient, prosperous, and equitable Rhode Island.
Gov. McKee has initiated this series of virtual community conversations in order to discuss Rhode Island's recovery and future — especially given the expected arrival of significant federal stimulus funding.
Join us for the first conversation today, Thursday, May 6 at 2 PM on Governor McKee's Facebook page.
The conversation will feature remarks from Lt. Governor Matos, Senate President Ruggerio, and House Speaker Shekarchi, followed by a presentation from Joseph Zidle, Chief Investment Strategist at the Blackstone Group, and a panel discussion featuring:
• Bruce Van Saun, Chairman and CEO of Citizens Financial
• Martha Wofford, President and CEO of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of R.I.
• Suzy Alba, President, Smithfield Town Council
• Roby Luna, President of Aretec and a member of the URI Board of Trustees
• Larry Warner, Chief Impact and Equity Officer of the United Way of Rhode Island
This will be the first in a series of events, and each will touch upon topics affecting the state’s future. Additional conversations will be announced at a later date.
Follow us on social media!