For Immediate Release July 13, 2016
Media Contact: Dr. Patrick McGee Superintendent 401-767-4608
Woonsocket Education Department Announces Elementary Central Registration
Woonsocket, R.I. – The Woonsocket Education Department is pleased to announce that Elementary Central Registration will be held at the McFee Administration Building beginning on Wednesday, July 19th. Registrations will no longer be processed at the city’s seven elementary schools. Any parent or guardian of an elementary student who wishes to enroll in the Woonsocket Education Department must go to the McFee Administration Building, located at 108 High Street. Parking is located on High Street.
Parents and guardians are reminded that they will need the following information and documentation to register your child:
(Child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1st)
1. Birth Certificate
2. Proof of Woonsocket residence - utility bills and/or lease, mortgage statement. (No hand written rent receipts or cell phone bills will be accepted)
3. Immunization Records: diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, rubella, measles, mumps, chicken pox, and hepatitis, OR a certificate from a licensed physician stating that the child is not subject to immunization for medical reasons (Please note that immunizations may be turned in during summer if not completely updated. Please bring in what you have for reg.)
4. Proof of lead screening and physical exam with height, weight, blood pressure and vision exam.
5. Social Security No. (if available)
6. Medicaid No. (if available)
Summer registration dates and hours are as follows:
July 19th through August 23rd - Every Wednesday from 9:00 am – 2:30 pm.
After August 23rd – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm; Fridays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Middle school and high school registrations will continue to be done at each respective school.