TWENTY YEARS OF PRESERVATION
Twenty Years of Preservation Built on Love
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." This quote by Margaret Mead is the mantra that Kathy Hartley, President and Founder of Friends of Hearthside has...
· Friday, July 16 @ 6 - 8 pm - Levitt Amp Woonsocket Music Series, featuring Kat Wright with Back Rhodes, River Island Art Park, Woonsocket. MORE INFO
· Saturday, July 17, Looff Carousel 125th Birthday Jubilee @ 12 - 8 pm - Slater Park, Pawtucket MORE INFO
· Saturday, July 17 & August 21 @ 4 - 8 pm - Lincoln's 150th Anniversary Food Truck Celebration! - Chase Farm Park, Lincoln. MORE INFO
· Sunday, July 18 @ 9:30 am - 3 pm - The Car Show of Shows, R1 Indoor Karting , Lincoln MORE INFO
· Mondays Starting July 19 @ 5:30 - 8 pm - Summer Car Cruise - Market Square, Woonsocket. MORE INFO.
· Thursday, July 22 @ 6 pm, Concerts in the Park featuring David Tessier's All Stars, Rose Larisa Park, East Providence. MORE INFO
· Saturday, July 24 @ 10 am - 4 pm - Seven Cedars Farm Summer Craft Show, Seven Cedars Farm, Smithfield MORE INFO
· Sunday, July 25 @ 12 - 5 pm - Chriskindlmarkt in Sommer, German American Cultural Society, Pawtucket. MORE INFO
and Farm Stands
This is the time of year when first harvests of fresh fruit and vegetables from our local farms are hitting farm stands and farmers markets.
Blackstone Valley has an abundance of markets and farm stands so you never have to go without fresh veggies.
We recently visited Goodwin Brothers Farm Stand in North Smithfield and picked up some tomatoes and raspberries as well as a loaf of bread from a local bakery. There is nothing like fresh veggies in your salad.
Other farm stands to check out are:
· Jaswell Farm, Smithfield
· Old Orchard Farm, North Smithfield
· Butterfly Farm, Lincoln
Blackstone Valley Farmers Markets
Sundays @ 10 am - 2 pm - Eat, Drink RI @ Blackbird Farm, Smithfield
Mondays @ 12 - 5 pm: Revive the Roots Summer Market, Smithfield
Tuesdays @ 3 - 6 pm: Farm Fresh Farmers Markets in Central Falls and Woonsocket
Thursdays @ 4 - 7 pm: Weaver's Library, East Providence
BVTC's 16th Annual
Monday, August 30th
Crystal Lake Golf Club, Burrillville
Come support Blackstone Valley Tourism Council's youth environmental education programs and network with regional business leaders at this relaxed charity golf tournament!
Registration includes 18 holes of golf, lunch, dinner, a gift bag, and chances at great prizes!
JULY IS NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH
CONNECT WITH US