NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN COUNCIL JULY 18, 2022
83 GREENE STREET, NORTH SMITHFIELD, RI 02896 6:45 P.M.
PARTICIPATION FOR THIS MEETING WILL BE IN-PERSON ONLY.
The meeting will also be livestream. Please join the meeting (viewing only) from your computer, tablet, or smartphone by clicking on this link:
or go to the North Smithfield YouTube page - North Smithfield Town Meetings
*If technical difficulties occur during livestream the above specified meetings will presume as scheduled.
Documents related to the meeting will be posted on the Town Council’s page of the Town’s website on Monday, July 18, 2022, at 4:00 p.m., see link here:
- I. OPEN MEETING – PRAYER – PLEDGE
- II. ROLL CALL
- III. OPEN FORUM PURSUANT TO 42-46-6 (d) (Maximum 15 minutes)
- IV. EXECUTIVE SESSION (Closed Session)
- A. Discussion By Council, Vote, or Other Action on RIGL 42-46-5(A)(2) Sessions Pertaining to Collective Bargaining or Litigation or Potential Litigation
- 1. Potential Litigation
- V. PRESENTATION OF BOSTON CANE TO NORTH SMITHFIELD HERITAGE ASSOCIATION – Gail Berlinghof
- VI. NORTH SMITHFIELD TOWN COUNCIL SITTING AS THE BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Class BV Liquor License and Entertainment for LDT Village Haven LLC, D/B/A Village Haven – 90 School Street – Sandra Campanella (Pending Necessary Requirements)
- VII. DISCUSSION BY COUNCIL, VOTE, OR OTHER ACTION ON PAYMENT OF BILLS
- VIII. DISCUSSION BY COUNCIL, VOTE, OR OTHER ACTION ON CONSENT AGENDA All items listed in this section are considered in one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilor so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the consent agenda.
- A. Town Council Minutes of June 6, 15 and 21, 2022
- B. Communications
- 1. Animal Control Monthly Report for June 2022
- IX. DISCUSSION BY COUNCIL, VOTE OR OTHER ACTION ON SPECIFIC ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA ABOVE
- X. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE NORTH SMITHFIELD ZONING ORDINANCE SECTION 13 TITLED "AMENDMENTS" - Jeffrey Harris
- A. First Reading
- B. Public Hearing
- XI. OLD BUSINESS
- A.Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Update of Municipal Building Review Task Force – Mr. Nordstrom
- B.Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Update of Halliwell Review Committee – Mr. Corriveau
- XII. NEW BUSINESS
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Resignation of MaryBeth Sosa from the Budget Committee
- 1. Appointment of Budget Committee Member - Completion of term ending 11/30/2023 (appt by TC)
- B. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action North Smithfield Fire and Rescue Contract and Addendum (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2025) 1. Authorization of Signature – Contract
- 2. Authorization of Signature – Addendum
- C. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on National Grid Pole Installation - Located on Pine Hill Road, Plat 7- Lot 38 – Ray Pendergast
- D. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action Regarding Placing a Referendum Question on the November 2022, General Election Ballot Pertaining to the Selling of Cannabis in Town – Mr. Vadenais
- XIII. PAYMENTS
- A. Discussion by Council, Vote, or Other Action on Invoice #45181 to Tecton Architects for Police Station Renovation – Paul Nordstrom
- XIV. ADJOURN
Individuals requesting special assistance should contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 767-2200, ext. 326 seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting date.
Agenda posted July 14, 2022