Keep Blackstone Valley Beautiful
Rhode Island's Keep America Beautiful Affiliate
RIRRC & KBVB Bring America Recycles Day to Rhode Island
As part of an on-going effort to promote recycling right in the Ocean State, Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (Resource Recovery) and Keep Blackstone Valley Beautiful (KBVB), Rhode Island's affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, are teaming up to test recycling knowledge in our state.
The two organizations are joining thousands of groups across the country that are doing something special to celebrate America Recycles Day (ARD), a national initiative of Keep America Beautiful. ARD is the only nationally-recognized day, celebrated on November 15th for the past twenty years, to bring community awareness to promote and celebrate recycling in the United States.
Rhode Island residents are invited to take a brief 15-question online survey. Residents' recycling habits, motivations and general knowledge, will be covered. Respondents are encouraged to leave comments, ask questions or share stories about their recycling experiences in Rhode Island. The results, which will be released on America Recycles Day (November 15), will help guide public outreach strategies and educational programs.
Thanks to generous donations from local businesses, those who complete the survey will be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win one of six prizes, including:
- $50 Visa gift card, compliments of MTG Disposal. This will be randomly drawn from participants ages 19 and older.
- $50 TEEN PRIZE Visa gift card, compliments of MTG Disposal. This will be randomly drawn from participants ages 13-18.
- Two tickets to the Blackstone Valley Polar Express Train Ride on November 18, 2017 @ 1 pm, compliments of Blackstone Valley Tourism Council.
- Four tickets on the Blackstone Explorer River Boat Tours for the 2018 season, compliments of Blackstone Valley Tourism Council.
- Four tickets to The Museum of Work & Culture, located in Woonsocket, RI, compliments of The Rhode Island Historical Society.
- One Free Garden EARTH compost bin, compliments of Rhode Island Resource Recovery.
To complete the survey and learn more about the eligibility requirements for prizes, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RIRecyclesDay.
Surveys will be accepted until Monday, November 13th at 5 pm.