The Downtown Woonsocket Collaborative and the Main Street Woonsocket Holiday Stroll Committee are proud to announce the 9th annual Main Street Woonsocket Holiday Stroll which will be held on December 2nd, 2017 from 2pm to 7pm. This is a great family friendly event intended to promote the Main Street area businesses during the busy holiday season encouraging local residents and outside visitors to buy local and shop small. Small businesses are the backbone of many cities like Woonsocket, many of which are family owned and operated, for many decades. The first Saturday of December has been selected by the committee each year to hold this event with many fun and exciting things for all ages to enjoy.
There will be entertainment all afternoon and evening from market square to monument square with various musical acts. Activities this year include: a scavenger hunt with great prizes, tree ornament contest, Santa's bookshop, two kids zone areas with various craft stations, merchant and food vendors, fire performer, winter art gallery, best dressed window contest, a trolley ride around the downtown area, the very popular horse and buggy ride, and many more fun things to do. This is certainly an event that you do not want to miss. Transportation will also be provided by Valley Transportation from Kennedy Manor, Park View Manor, Crepeau Court, and St Germain Manor to the Mullen Lot from Valley Transportation from 2pm to 7pm.
"The Holiday Stroll is a fun time to get together with your family and friends to enjoy a nice day and night out in downtown Woonsocket" says Garrett Mancieri, DWC Chairman. He goes on to say, "The event truly showcases our City in a very positive way dressed up in the holiday spirit and gives a boost to our local retail shops and restaurants in the Main Street area."
Local businesses participating this year are Flocking Goddess, The Art Den, Car Shack, Rob Roy Academy, Church of Faith, Museum of Broadcast Technology, RockStar Gym, Trendz, Timeless Antiques, Community Care Alliance, Renaissance Tattoo, Museum of Work & Culture, and Woonsocket Historical Society. There will also be activities at River Island Art Park, 40 South Main Street, Market Square Stage, the Stadium Theatre, Polar Express at the Depot, Mullen Municipal Parking Lot, and City Hall Mini-Park. Performers will include John Scotti, WMS Chorus, WHS Band, Lyrics in Motion dance studio, Sasha the Fire Gypsy, and DJ Jeremy.
"The Holiday Stroll gets bigger and better every year and this year is no exception. We have a wonderful, dedicated committee that has worked hard to put this event together and we’re all really excited to share it with our family, friends and the entire community" says DWC Committee Chairwoman Melissa Murray.
This event would not happen without tremendous community support from many wonderful businesses, organizations, and community residents. Sponsors this year are as follows:
Winter Wonderland - Downtown Woonsocket Collaborative, The City of Woonsocket, CVS Health, and Bileau's Flowers.
North Pole - Navigant Credit Union, Neighborworks BRV, Blackstone Valley Tourism Council, Congressman David Cicilline, Friendly Home, Ciro's Tavern / Savini's Pomodoro, Lepine Financial Advisors, Riverzedge Arts, The Valley Breeze, and the Call.
Snowman - American Beauty Signworks, Dean Bank, Fournier & Fournier, Local 732 IAFF, Lyrics in Motion dance studio, Miba Design, Nationwide Construction, Soucy Insurance Agency, and The Art Den.
Candlelight - Athena's Home Novelties, Bourget & Associates, Community Care Alliance, Councilman Daniel M. Gendron, Gateway Realty, Geraldine Barclay-King, Janet & William Doe, JT Realty, Holiday Retirement Home, Michaud Auto Body, NRI Chamber of Commerce, Raymond Bourque, Rep. Steven Casey, Rep. Michael Morin, Rep. Robert Phillips, Rob Roy Academy, Mitson Law Associates, Sen. Roger Picard, Sen. Marc Cote, The Stadium Theatre, Tom Sparks Law, Tyra Club, WNRI 1380 & 95.1, and WOON 1240.
Snowflake - Boucher Real Estate, Kay's Restaurant, O'Hearne Associates, Pepin Lumber, The Opulent Squid, and Wilfred's Seafood.
The 2017 Main Street Holiday Stroll Planning Committee includes Geraldine Barclay-King, Irene Blais, Adam Brunetti, Sarah Carr, Steve Casey, Tara Cruz, William Doe, Debra Hunt, Dan Gendron, Tom Keith, Liz Kerrigan, Alex Kithes, Garrett Mancieri, Diane Mayers, Melissa Murray, Linda Plays, Paula Rezendes, and Denise Sierra.
There will also be an "After Stroll" event from 7pm to 9pm which will promote local restaurants with special offers available to all attendees. Participating restaurants are Ciro's Tavern, Chan's Jazz & Eggrolls, James Pub, Ocean Cafe, NY Lunch, and River Falls.
For more information:
DWC Promotions Committee Chair
1. Frolicking Goddess - 2 Monument Square 2 nd Floor Give the gift of fun with a gift certificate to this cozy craft studio, offering classes on
everything from knitting to quilting!
2. The Art Den - 285 Main Street Keepsake ornament making and make and take candle melt tutorial will be offered at this local gallery space.
3. Car Shack - 272 Main Street Browse their large selection of stocking stuffers and holiday decor.
4. Rob Roy Academy - Main Street Face painting, colored hair sprays, hair chalk, holiday nail art and refreshments! FREE
5. Polar Express at the Train Depot - One Depot Square buy raffle tickets to win a 2 yr lease on a new Toyota Rav4! (drawing Dec 23)
Polar Express Trains depart at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, & 7pm - SOLD OUT-
6. City Hall Mini Park Visit our Kid’s Zone! Tree lighting with Mayor Lisa Baldelli-Hunt at 6pm, followed by the much awaited arrival of Santa! FREE
7. Church of Faith - 154 Main Street Offering kids arts and crafts and a selfie station! Stop by for photos and fun. FREE
8. Museum of Broadcast Technology – 144 Main Street A one of a kind museum for unique treasures from broadcast history. Explore this
hidden Woonsocket gem! FREE
9. RockStar Gym - 130 Main Street Stop by and ask about facilities and membership opportunities.
10. Trendz - 116 Main Street Downtown’s newest boutique offers clothing for men, women and children, jewelry, hats, perfume and more!
11. Mullen Municipal Parking Lot - Music, food, shopping!
Artisans, local vendors, food trucks and tree decorating contest, coloring contest drop off.
Live fire performer demonstration!
Musical performances all day long:
2:00 PM John Scotti
3:00 PM WMS Chorus
4:00 PM WHS Band
5:30 PM Lyrics in Motion
6:00 PM DJ Jeremy
Drop off your completed scavenger hunt forms here to win a raffle basket!
12. Timeless Antiques – 91 Main Street Margarites (French Christmas crackers) and coffee while you shop. Browse a huge selection of vintage
treasures and one of a kind gifts. Always a local favorite.
13. Community Care Alliance - 55 Main Street Information on local services and refreshments.
14. Renaissance Tattoo - 32 Main Street World famous custom tattooing for over 20 years. Offering temporary tattoos for the kids! FREE
15. Museum of Work and Culture – 42 South Main Street A visit from the North Pole Postman and letter writing to Santa (1-3pm), help
Santa’s elves build and test toys and decorate cookies from Wright’s Farm (1-5pm) FREE
16. Mulvey Building – 40 South Main Street Lower Level: pop up kitchen offering food samples by local makers (while supplies last). Upper
Level: book fair, crafts, and kids activities, musical performance by G Cole (2-2:30) and photo ops in front of a giant outdoor tree! FREE
17. Rhode Island Historical Society - 41 South Main Street (in back of museum) Browse vintage Woonsocket memorabilia and photos, a
vintage toy truck exhibit, enjoy refreshments and enter a free raffle for Stadium Theatre tickets. FREE
18. River Island Art Park - Wander through the lighted holiday display, enjoy crafts stations, festive music and pony rides!!! FREE
Stroll After Hours Food & Performances:
Ciro’s Tavern on Cherry - 42 Cherry Street enjoy hot chocolate by the newly built outdoor fireplace or cozy up indoors at the bar with great food and
drinks at this English style tavern.
Chan’s Jazz and Eggrolls - 267 Main Street Johnny Hoy & The Bluefish, 8pm, $13 advance, $15 door, Christmas Island Dance Party. A Woonsocket
institution for over 100 years!
James Pub - 99 Main Street Enjoy a cocktail at this locally owned pub, play a tune or two on the jukebox or watch the game on one of several large screens.
Ocean Cafe - 112 Main Street Serving Latin American, South American and International cuisine, with vegetarian and gluten free options
available. A must try.
NY Lunch - 8 Main Street An iconic Woonsocket eatery serving all of your favorites. Special: 3 weiners, small fry and drink for just $7.50. Open til 2am!
River Falls - 74 South Main Street Relax in the bar or lounge area or enjoy a full meal in one of many intimate dining rooms. Be sure to come back during
the warmer months to enjoy a beautiful waterfront dining experience!
Stadium Theatre - 28 Monument Square Stadium Theatre Christmas, featuring Broadway style dance numbers, big band music and all of your favorite
holidays classics. 7:30pm $21, $26. Inquire at the box office for ticket availability.